Our Spanish Social Justice Book List is a comprehensive and carefully curated list of over 35 books that support you in having age-appropriate conversations about social justice with your children and students (age 3-8 years old). The list includes a wide range of authentic Spanish books, shared reading books, bilingual books, and translanguaged books. Each book is accompanied by a brief description and a link to a Spanish read-aloud.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Upholding stories of emigration
- Celebrating LGBTQI+ Pride
- Understanding and celebrating difference
- Acting in solidarity & advocacy
- Practicing mindfulness & listening to your body
- Being in relationship with nature
- Honoring citizens of sovereign tribal nations
- Recognizing the gender spectrum
- Dismantling racism/recognizing resistance
Our list includes #OWNVOICES books that are written or illustrated by members of the community they are about.